Monday, May 17, 2010

The Perfect Father

We all have a Father. We all are wired for one thing. We want to be accepted by our Father's. When we dig deep down we find ourselves wondering if our Father is proud of us. Some of us have a great earthly Father. Some of us have had an abusive earthly Father. Regardless, there is no Father here on earth that is perfect. There have been many terms tossed around regarding God our Father. He has been labeled a "perfected version of our earthly Father". When looking at God as a perfected version of something, there can be a disconnect for some of us. The reality is that there is no comparison to our heavenly Father. He is perfect. Miriam-Webster defines perfect as: being entirely without fault or defect. Let us consider what entirely without fault defect means. The very nature of God is perfect. There is no fault in Him.

Deuteronomy 32:3-4 says, " I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! 4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." God is perfect. There is no fault in Him. He is not a perfected version of our earthly Father. He is the creator of the universe. God's ways are just. He is upright. He never makes a mistake. We are no accidents. God's works are perfect. We are His workmanship. We are made perfect because of Christ. We have access to God because of the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ died and rose again so that we could not just have eternal life. A ticked into heaven is just icing on the cake. Jesus came so that we could have an eternal relationship with the creator of the universe. God gave me a vision that was a perfect example of a perfect Father.

I was on the most perfect beach that I could imagine. The sand was white as snow. The shores were perfectly clean. The day was perfect. There was not a cloud in the sky. The water was the bluest and clearest imaginable. There were two trees and in between the trees was a hammock. It was a perfect hammock. There were no flaws in the hammock. It was perfect. I saw myself getting into the hammock and Christ was the hammock. Once I got into the hammock I was locked into the arms of Christ. I imagined Him rocking with me as the winds of the sea brushed up against my face. There was no fear in the hammock. There were no worries in the hammock. There were no distractions in the hammock. Why? Because, I was in Christ. His perfect arms were wrapped around me and I felt loved. There was no condemnation in His arms. There was no talk of what was. There was only thoughts of peace and hope. There was only thoughts of a perfect Father loving His son. I was accepted right where I was. I was in the arms in Christ. That vision has propelled me into a new way of believing. I no longer see my life as over. I am no longer hopeless. I am no longer afraid. I am no longer inadequate. I am no longer defeated. I am in the hands of a perfect Father. My vision is based on my concept of perfection. God is the author of perfection. I have only had a taste of the Glory of God. I have merely taken a sip of his goodness. I have merely seen a small picture of the greater picture that He is painting in me.

I had trouble picturing God as a Father. My earthly Father let me down more than you could imagine. He lied to me. He deceived me. He physically assaulted me. He abused me. God had to give me a real picture of who He is. God had to implant in me a new vision of who He was. God is not the perfected version of my Father. He is my perfect Father. Maybe your Father is or was a good man. For me, I had to remove my Father from the throne. I had to allow God to show me that He was perfect. The more I understand who God is, the less concerned I become with my desires. The more He reveals to me, the more I heal. The more I dive into the Word, the more I see Him as perfect. There is no fault in Him. There is no wrong in God. He never makes mistakes. We are no accidents. He made us to glorify Himself. He made us so that He could live through us. We are His hands and feet. We are His sons and daughters. We are beloved. We are treasures in the eyes of Christ. We are white as snow because of what Christ did for us. We have a perfect Father who loves to love His children. Imagine the most perfect scene with a perfect Father. Read the Word of God and let God transform your life. Everything we need is in the hammock. A full life is at our fingertips. We have to decide whether to get into the hammock or not. We have to choose to let Christ change our lives. We have to choose Him over ourselves. We have to trust in our perfect Father. Perfection means perfection. There is perfection in the arms of Christ. Rest in the perfect Father's arms. The creator of the universe wants to rock us in the hammock. He wants to take care of us. All He asks is that we get in. Let Him do the work. His yoke is easy and His burden is light. In Christ there is peace. There is joy. There is peace. There is hope. In Christ is everything we need. We are complete when we let the perfect Father do in us what we cannot do ourselves. He is more than enough, He is perfect. In perfection there are no worries. There are no doubts. There are no fears. There is only love. Let us get in the hammock and trust that our perfect Father will do ALL things through us. Though we may walk through the valley and shadow of death, we shall fear no evil in the hands of our perfect Father. We may be pressed against a wall. When we trust Christ, He can knock down any wall He wishes. In Him we have freedom.

We will face trouble in this life. Yet, Christ has overcome this world. There is redemption in Christ. All we have to do is trust Him. When the storms of life come we can remember the hammock. Jesus was asleep in a boat. The waves were crashing all around Him. Did you hear that? Jesus was asleep. He was at peace in the middle of the storm. Why? Because He knew His perfect Father was in control. He got up and rebuked the waves and the storm subsided. Sometimes Jesus calms the storm. Sometimes Jesus lets the storms overtake us. Jesus uses the storms to teach us to trust in Him. He uses the storms of live to bring us to the hammock. What Jesus tries to teach us is to rest in Him. He is trying to teach us to get in the hammock and rest. No storm is bigger than God. No mountain is too big for God to knock down. Nothing is impossible for God. God is in control. We can rest inside the perfect Father. We can rest in the darkest alleys of our life. Why? Because, Christ is with us. We are not alone. We are loved sons and daughters. Jesus says in Matthew, "What earthly father would give his son a rock when he asks for a fish?" Imagine how much more a perfect Father wants to love His children? He calms the seas within our souls. Throughout the Word, God is trying to show us that we will suffer. However, in Him is peace. We will be okay. Let us get into the hammock and trust that Christ is who He says He is. Matthew 7: 7-12 says, 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Our perfect Father is going to take care of us. He just wants us to let Him do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment